Thursday, March 28, 2013

PSO Medis Body Cream

I was recently sent a sample pot of a product of which I had not heard before. It is PSO Medis Body Cream, supplied by Kamedis Bio-Herbal Skin Care. I visited their website to read about their products before accepting the offered sample and it looked interesting to test.

Their products are made from plant extracts with anti-inflammatory and moisturising properties. I won't go into the details, you can read those on their website. This post is intended to give readers a preliminary report of what I experienced with PSO Medis.

I received the product a few weeks ago and next day stopped my normal regimen of light topical applications of tar and hydro-cortisone on my lesions, each applied once daily in rotation. Instead I started to use the PSO Medis twice daily and watched for changes. Part-way through I had a trip abroad and carelessly left the unfinished pot of PSO Medis in my hotel room when I left for home. It prevented me from fully completing my test but I had used enough of it to get a good feel for the product.

It is an unusual cream, almost more like an ointment than a cream and it seems slightly fibrous in texture. This means that it doesn't spread smoothly like a true cream but it does rub in quite well. It is air force blue in colour and I found that it needs to be applied very lightly and well rubbed in, otherwise the blue colour makes it look much like light bruising if any is left on the skin.

I experienced a very rapid improvement in itching. I am quite tolerant of my psoriasis itch and, while I seldom scratch it, I can feel it somewhere or other on my body much of the time. Some people have an itch from their psoriasis and others feel it as a pain. I read recently that the sensations of itch and pain are carried through the body by different nerves. I have always described mine as a painful itch, so I don't know how that sensation is carried through my nervous system. After I applied PSO Medis to my spots, all feelings of itch/pain disappeared within minutes.

The moisturising ingredients also seemed to work very well. All signs of dryness on my skin disappeared while I was using it.

By the time that I lost my pot of PSO Medis, I had not yet established whether my lesions were expanding or contracting due to the change in treatment. However, since then there have been definite improvements that may have been initiated by the PSO Medis. I felt encouraged enough by the initial results to pay for another pot of the same product. I will have that next week and will continue with my testing.

The USA suppliers of the products have given me a discount code that can be used by any of my readers. Go to the Kamedis Shop and select your products. When checking out with your order, enter the code K883S1XFA41C to receive a 30% discount off the cost of the products. Try it for yourself. I will post again when I have used it longer and have a clearer feeling for the benefits over a longer period.

Please note that I have no financial relationship with the makers nor distributors of these products. I receive no incentives except that they sent me a free initial sample. I only report my experiences and all others must ascertain the safety and suitability of the products for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment